Coaching and assessments
By coaching one-on-one, our NRMA trainers can better identify and correct individual driver weaknesses while on the road. These sessions also help drivers recognise their own personal contribution to risk and develop strategies to increase their safety measures.
During the assessment, our trainers review the driver's performance and identify any behaviours that could increase the likelihood or severity of a crash. They then provide comprehensive feedback as well as a written summary report that is supplied to your company.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
The NRMA can also provide specialised training for:
- Recognise and apply low risk driving strategies
- Create and maintain crash avoidance space to avoid the five main crash types - rear end, side on, intersections, off-path straight and off-path curve
- "Buffer" away from hazards
- Recognise risk taking motivations - what is the gain?
- Establish safe acceleration and braking distances
- Apply hazard perception and risk awareness techniques
- Perform basic vehicle checks
- Understand occupant safety
- Learn how ABS breaking works
- Car park environments and valet parking
- Familiarisation and manoeuvring of long wheel base vehicles and larger vans
- Coaching and/or assessments for drivers new to Australian roads
- Corporate safety days and conferences as a guest speaker