Going for your Ps
Information and advice on going for your P1 Licence.
Learner drivers are eligible to take the Driving Test to get a P1 licence if:
- You have logged at least 120 hours driving time
- You have included a minimum of 20 hours of night driving in your 120 hours
- You have held your learner licence for at least 12 months
- Note: Drivers aged 25 years and over are exempt from the 12 month tenure and log book requirements.
In the ACT you have two options:
- Complete the competencies in the ACT Logbook under the Competency Based Training and Assessment Scheme with an accredited instructor
- Pass the one-off test with an RTA assessor
NRMA Safer Driving School will not only equip you with the skills you need to get your Ps. We focus on safe driving from day one so you learn how to cope with the unexpected events that happen on our roads every day.
Our qualified instructors follow the RTA's tough licensing procedures.
NRMA Safer Driving School courses:
- Focus on driving beyond your licence test
- Teach you how to drive safely
- Use the latest automatic and manual vehicles.
NRMA Safer Driving School is the safer way to get a driver's licence.